Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The fourth topic-- indices

My teacher decided to skip two levels and teach us E maths today. It was on indices, and sometimes, it could get a bit confusing, with six simple rules and one complicating rule to remember. It was mainly to add the powers during multiplication, subtract them during division, and multiply them when powered again. The rest of the rules are too long to be stated, and so I shall not include that. Common errors in the questions were: failure to multiply number when it is powered again, failure to invert fractions in negative indices. This type of indices was the most troublesome, as inverting the fration or converting it to fraction was a must. I caused quite a headache for me. Compared to the topics I've learned so far, indices is seriously difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment